Overview of the company Cydarex (updated September 2017) – Cydarex Company Profile
CYDAREX is a spin-off company of the French Institute of Petroleum and was created in 2005 by Roland Lenormand. CYDAREX is now completely independent and privatly owned.
CYDAREX specializes in the domain of core and cuttings analysis, provides consulting and training services, commercializes DarcyLog and DarcyPress, and develops the conventional and special core analysis software CYDAR.
Consulting & Training
With more than 40 years of experience, Roland Lenormand, PhD, provides consulting and training services in design, interpretation, supervision, and audit in Special Core Analysis (SCAL).
- SCAL training with hands-on laboratory experiments: Organized in Paris, France, this 5-day laboratory training is designed to give participants a working knowledge in standard SCAL experiments, and covers permeability, tracer test, Pc/RI, and two-phase ow in steady state and unsteady state.
- Program can be customized to cover conventional and special core analysis.
- Teaching equipment is available for sale, to organize hands-on SCAL training in your institution.
DarcyPress: Measurements on small rock samples
DarcyPress allows measurements of gas permeability under con ning pressure on small rock samples (5-10 mm), with permeabilities ranging from 0.1 nanoDarcy (10-22 m2) to 10 Darcy. Giving access to very low permeabilities, DarcyPress is ideal for measurements on shales.
Darcylog: measurement of permeability on drill cuttings
DarcyLog allows permeability measurements on cuttings, with permeabilities ranging from 0.05 to 100 mDarcy.
CYDAR: Software for Core Analysis
Developed in collaboration with core analysis specialists, the software CYDAR offers a powerful solution for design and interpretation of SCAL experiments.
CYDAR covers a full range of experiments, including:
- Mercury injection (MICP),
- Absolute permeability measurements,
- Centrifuge (Pc and Kr) and two-phase flow experiments,
- Relative permeability (steady and unsteady state),
- Electrical measurements,
- Dispersion / tracer experiments,
- Two-phase flow with EOR, for polymer and surfactant flooding,
- Data acquisition.