Designed for hands-on experiments on core analysis
Teaching Equipment on laboratory hands-on experiments (updated September 2017) – Teaching Equipment
Over the past 10 years, CYDAREX has developed a series of equipment to teach conventional (CCA) and special core analysis (SCAL).
- More economical than standard laboratory equipment, but using the same principles; designed to be easy to use, and to visualize flows.
- Procedures optimized to provide quick results, within a few hours (Kr) to a few days (Pc/RI).
- No safety issues: pressure under 7 bar; use of water and pharmaceutical paraffin oil.
CCA: Porosity, Gas Permeability, and Formation Factor
- Porosity Measurement, from volume and density, using caliper and balance.
- Gas Permeability, using a surface permeameter, measured from transient pressure decay. Data acquisition and interpretation using CYDAR.
- Formation factor is derived from the measurement of electrical resistivity of the plug saturated with brine.
Pc/RI – Capillary Pressure and Resistivity Index
- Porous plate method, oil/water, up to 7 bar.
- Resistivity index using 2 and 4 electrodes methods
SCAL: Coreflood equipment
- Liquid Permeability Experiments.
- Tracer Test Experiments.
- Two-Phase Flow Experiments in steady state and unsteady state for relative permeabilities Kr.
- Principle of laboratory data acquisition, troubleshooting.