Fast measurements of Pc curves, resistivity index, and pore size distribution
DarcyCap allows fast measurements of capillary pressure, pore size distribution, and resistivity index using the porous plate method.
DarcyCap: DarcyCap Commercial Brochure
Gas or oil/brine Porous Plate Capillary Pressure
- Small sample and two hydrophilic porous plates or filtration membranes for faster measurements.
- No rubber sleeve allowing fast installation and measurements on non-cylindrical samples.
- Oil or Gas/brine Pc curves (drainage and positive imbibition), step or continuous injection.
- 2 or 4-electrode Resistivity Index measurements. The improved contact between sample and porous plates gives very close results between 2 and 4-electrode measurements.
Fast Pc and RI measurements
- With standard 15 bar (225 psi) entry pressure porous plates, measurements in less than 20 hours, depending on permeability and porosity.
- A few hours for low porosity/low permeability samples.
- Fast installation of the sample.
- Automatic measurement and interpretation.
Fast Pore Size distribution without the use of mercury
- Determination of the pore size distribution from the drainage Pc curve.
- With standard 15 bar (230 psi) entry pressure porous plates, determination of pore radius from 0.1 micron to 100 microns (reservoir range).
- Good agreement with mercury distributions, without any adjustable parameter.
- Results are more representative for reservoir studies than MICP: use of standard fluids and lower stress than MICP.
- 4-6 mm thickness disks, roughly circular, around 1” diameter.
- Routine core analysis, 1″ plugs, micro-core, SWC, or end trims can be used.
- Non destructive method.